Mad's Self-Care Routine

 Hello everyone! This post is super late because I was distracted finishing my Sophomore year of college! It's crazy to think that I am going into my third year of college soon. Time flies when you're stressed! But I have also had a ton of fun. This year I met some incredible people who I hope to continue to share my life with, I did some new things and tried new places, and I also learned a lot about myself. 

Part of figuring out who you are and how you are wired is making sure to take the time to do it. You can't learn how you work in a day. You have to set aside the time and dedicate that time to yourself and get rid of all distractions. I spent the weekends trying to learn more about myself and see what makes me get up in the morning. I learned that an alarm isn't always the thing to get me moving. I would consider this dedication of time part of my self-care routine. 

Every Sunday at school would be my cleaning day. Cleaning helps me relax and de-stress, so this is definitely part of my self-care. I take out the garbage, do the dishes, vacuum, wipe down all the counters, and do laundry. Then I can start my next week off clean and organized. 

I like to get my nails done too. My parents don't really like it because it costs money, but it makes me feel so much more confident and ready to get shit done! It makes me feel powerful and in control and like I can take on the whole world. 

I also like to cuddle with my doggy, but I wasn't able to do that in GB. I would cuddle with a stuffed animal and watch a Disney movie or a tv show about serial killers, depending on my mood! Now that I am home for the summer though, I am ready to cuddle my dog like crazy. 

I love writing poetry. When I can sit down and have time to think and just write down how I am feeling, I feel so at peace. Even if I am writing about something sad, I feel like my best and most real self. That's the most important thing. 

I spend time with friends and family to feel good. Family and friends are super important to me, and any time spent with them is a blessing. Sunday dinners are great, when we are all laughing at the table and soaking up the love we share for each other! Or my dinner and movie dates with Faith. We laugh and just get along so well together. Culver's runs with Katie and watching a tv show we like while mowing down on some French fries and cheese curds. 

Everyone has a different self-care routine because everyone is different. The main thing to take away from this post is to make sure you are taking care of yourself, no matter how you do it. You have to put yourself first, and there is nothing wrong with that! 

What is your favorite self-care activity? Let me know in the comments!

Mad out...

Comments

Popular Posts